background

Monday, November 1, 2010

RAD Moment

Taking time out of my Ethiopian moment to have a reality check of the horrors of RAD (reactive attachment disorder).

Can I just say....it SUCKS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  (sorry if you are reading this, mom, I know how terribly you hate that word).

The lies.............the ongoing lies that NEVER SEEM TO STOP!

Lie #1...."Who wrote on the wall?"  The 5 not me's all hollered at the same time.  Well, in a process of elimination, I could knock out Bug, Peach and Catfish.  There stood Boo and G.  I looked and the writing was too good to be Boo's, so he was eliminated and there she stood.  "I didn't do it!  I didn't do it!  I would NEVER write on the walls!  I might have done it, but I don't remember writing on the walls.  I know I didn't do it.  Really, I promise, I'm not lying!"  So, knowing that she did do it, I told her to go to the living room and wait for her discipline.  Before that ensued, she confessed.

Lie #2...."Why did you constantly throw your jacket off the back of the hayride?" ... G "I didn't do it, it just fell...who told you I did that...I promise I didn't do it."  Ms. XXX saw you do it, is she lying?  "Yes, can I talk to her because I know that I didn't do it.  I swear.  I'm not lying."  Today, as she is being disciplined (again) for another lie...I ask this same question again....her response "yes, I lied, yes, I threw it off again and again because I wanted to see what would happen."

Lie #3...Bug walks into the dining room WITH MY CABINET DOOR IN HER HAND.  Me "What happened", Bug "I don't know, it was laying in the floor."  I call G in the dining room, "what happened?"  G..."I don't know, I wasn't even in there (bear in mind that she had been cleaning the kitchen for the last 2 hrs, so yes, she was in the kitchen).  I could eliminate Boo and Catfish, they were outside.  Peach was in the living room and Bug was in the bathroom...only other person left is me and G.  "I didn't do it, I swear.  I wasn't even in there.  It wasn't me...I'm not lying!!!!!!!!!!!"  So, I ask her again.  She confesses.  Her intentions (in summation of her long drawn out confession) was to sit it back up, let someone else take "break it" and then let them take the blame.

SERIOUSLY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  This crap NEVER ENDS!  I'm raising a pathological liar who cares about no one else.  She just wants the world to revolve around her.

I'm tired, irritated, wondering what I have done wrong, why can't I fix this.....will it ever get better, will she end up in jail because of her lying ways.

I'm simply tired..........completely and utterly tired of this constant CRAP!

***now, back to the regularly scheduled blog posts on my trip to Africa***

No comments:

Post a Comment