background

Wednesday, November 23, 2011

Preparing for Rain

Although it is clear that we aren't traveling on Friday :(  I am confident that we will be traveling in a week :)

In an effort to keep my sanity, I'm nesting.  I've cleaned the whole house, twice and I'm sure to clean it lots lots more before we actually leave because...well...I have kids and they are messy.  I mean *really* messy.  Even when they are clean and not here, they still, somehow/someway make a mess.

I have been cooking.  Some for tomorrow, since we are hosting Thanksgiving but most for the weeks to come when I may not have any brain cells left, after Abinet comes home.  I haven't done a 1/3 of what I want to do, but I have a wonderful start.

His bed is partly up.  His clothes are hung, but we are unsure of his size.  It is a process......

Tomorrow marks the birth of my first child....she is a beauty and I adore her.  She will be 16.  Sweet 16.  The age of dating, the age of driving, the age of getting small jobs.....16....where has the time gone?  Her gifts are bought, the tears are being held at bay and I sit in awe of the wonderful young woman that she has become.  She loves to read, knit, crochet, sign, sing, be goofy.  She is self taught in all those areas, including piano.  She was late in everything that she did...she was 9 days late in coming into this world.  She didn't crawl until she was a year old, didn't walk until she was 14 mths old.  She didn't cut her first tooth till almost 13 mths old.  She is always a day late and a dollar short LOL.  She did, however, learn the alphabet by the time she was 15 mths old, as well as, being able to spell her name.  She was reading books by the time she was 3 and she hasn't stopped.  Her heart is HUGE. She has a passion for missions and making God known to all who will listen to her.  She is big into Looney Tunes, Little House on the Praire and most recently the Mummy movies LOL

The day she was born, was the day I learned what true and unconditional love was.....I'm blessed to be her mom and I'm excited to see what the future holds for my precious precious girl.  Tomorrow, I will post a picture of her..............then you can all sit in awe of the gorgeousness that I get to call my own :)

Blessings.

No comments:

Post a Comment