background

Wednesday, July 14, 2010

Not for the faint of heart

I must caution all of those in the process or considering adoption. It isn't for the faint hearted. There are things that you simply can and can not do. One, of which, is put your life on hold for your precious little one. Paperwork snafu's happen, delays happen, lack of communication or miscommunication happens.....there isn't a single day that I don't think of my son. Wonder how he is or if he's been hugged today. I found myself getting angry....why won't you hurry up, what do you mean you need *more* paperwork, why isn't this in country, why won't you call me back, I can't buy that extra gallon of milk because I can use that money towards the adoption. All these things go in and out of my little head, more times than not.

As a wise woman told me (she's an elderly lady LOL, love to you, T).....adoption isn't necessarily about providing a child with a home more than it is about sanctifying us in the process. All things happen for a reason and God's hand is all over my son and all the other little delays that happen. All things work together for good and to give Him honor and praise. I do not want the glory of adoption, I want my Lord to have it all. I hear people say, all the time, how impressed they are and how I'm saving a life. I didn't save a life...God chose me and my family to bless our home through adoption and HE saved our lives. This was His choice, not necessarily mine. I'm simply being obedient and I'm learning how to be patient. That is a hard lesson to learn, for me. I'm not the most patient person in the world.

For now, I have my pictures, I have a video, I have my thoughts and I have tons of prayers. I'm willing to answer (or find the answer) to any adoption question you might have. I've adopted through our foster care system and now I'm adopting internationally. Sincerely pray and ask God how He might use you and your family. All you have to do is be obedient to His call, the rest, He will take care of. You will be in awe of how He works things out!

No comments:

Post a Comment