background

Wednesday, April 13, 2011

Fun Day

I decided that I would cook today.  I miss cooking.  Lately, I've struggled with depression, to the point of not being able to function.  I've done the things that I have to do (ie work, bathe, breathe) but as for anything else, it has been hard.  Very very hard.

It is a gorgeous day and by gorgeous I mean God really has outdone Himself.  Blue skies, gentle breeze, lovely temperatures, things are blooming, birds are chirping and the cardinal, who has unsuccessfully tried to entire our home for the last 2 yrs, is still there and wanting in.  

I feel at peace.  I haven't been at peace in so long that I've almost forgotten what that feeling is like.  Don't get me wrong, chaos is still swirling around me.  Abinet is still not home, work is busier than ever, kids are struggling, Catfish is still having a hard time with his speech and learning, G is just G and RAD sucks....and the list goes on an on.  

Anyway, this post has nothing to do with cooking LOL....I wanted to cook and cook I did!  I have made:

Breakfast Casserole
2 lbs. of bacon

French Chicken and Broccoli Casserole
Corn on the cob
Rolls

Roasted vegetables

Hamburgers/Hotdogs
Fries

French Fry Casserole
Green beans
Roasted potatoes
Mac and cheese

Beef Stir Fry
Rice

Chicken Alfredo
Garlic Bread

Baked Chicken
Corn on the cob
Peas
Mac & Cheese


Alice's Chicken
Lima Beans
Mashed Potatoes
Rolls


Spaghetti
Garlic Bread


I still have a few things left to cook, but that is all I've done, so far.  I'm pretty tickled that the kids will have home cooked meals, by me, even when I'm not home.  Makes me happy.  I do enjoy being happy.

No comments:

Post a Comment