background

Thursday, August 5, 2010

Humbling yet thankful

Other than the smell of fresh poop, this morning (thanks Sadie)....my morning has started off well.  I slept very good last night and that was much needed.

After yesterdays events....I was on edge and ready to throw my hands up and say...."I'm DONE"!  B came home  and allowed me to leave for a bit (a long bit LOL).  I went to a friends store and talked with them, went to Cato and got 3 church shirts and a skirt....I love that store, I got my shirts for $3.99, $4.99 and $6.99.  I'm anxious to go back to see if they mark the rest of their bohemian skirts done.  I'm finding that I really like those skirts.  They are something that I can wear around the house and not be guilty of looking like sludge LOL.  If I can just discipline myself to brush my hair, in the mornings.....that's a work in progress.

I was relaxed when I got home.  I just needed to breathe, a bit.  I had an offer of my dear friend to HS my raddish....we shall see.  B isn't all about it because she is such a difficult child and I really don't want to put my friend through that, but the prospect of her catching up and learning, in a different environment is appealing.  I can say that because I've HSed her for a long while and it is very frustrating.  Public school isn't an option.  We've tried that and let's just say, demons came out to play in her and she made very very bad choices.  It was not good.  We've tried private school and it was atrocious.  She just can't survive in that type of environment.

As for my humbling experience, this morning, my friend...my Chrissy girl came and got all my dirty laundry and took it to her house to wash.  I'm the one who likes to do for others but when it comes to my washer being down for a month and others wanting to do for me, I'd rather pull my teeth out.  She is taking time out of her day to wash our nastiness...now that is a friend LOL. I'm humbled and I so appreciate her willingness to help my family in this way.

Everyone is quieting doing their work.  I'm 95% caught up on grading their work from yesterday.  It is peaceful, God is good.  I'm ready to finish tackling the day, as long as I'm girded with my armor and the Lord leads my way!

No comments:

Post a Comment