background

Wednesday, August 4, 2010

What a day....

My morning started with a bang and extreme anger.

My dogs are kenneled, below my bedroom, in the attached garage, in the evenings.  The 2 little dogs are usually pretty quiet, but when my other dog gets wind of something going on, she CONSTANTLY barks.  Normally, I can tune that out.  

Off I go to see what (who) is the culprit.  I hear noises in the kitchen and ask what is going on.  Apparently the girls were "screaming" because their were ants on their ceiling.  The boys were going to save the day.  When you have a rad kid, you automatically assume that she is the instigator, since, normally, she is.  Come to find out, that it was my other daughter that was beginning our morning of chaos.  Needless to say...happiness was not on my agenda, at all.  I was furious with them screaming like banchees because of an ant that can be killed with a shoe.  

All that said, lots of yelling....our morning starts.  They are eager to do schoolwork because they think that that is going to make me forget our horrible beginning.  I didn't discourage them from finishing their work, which is why they got it done so well.  

Amongst this crap, I thought...well, I have fresh tomatoes, they will go bad, so I'm going to attempt to make chili (on one of the hottest day of the years).  I had some leftover beef/cheese dip and thought that would taste great.  So, I begin boiling them.  While I'm working with the tomatoes and fielding 5,000,000 questions, the phone rings.  It is the insurance adjuster saying that she wants to come earlier than normal because she "has time".  We've only been waiting since April, but hey...oh well.  I said come on.

I hang up, continue working in my muck and the phone rings again.  It is my sons therapist..she is frantic because, on her way here, she sees an 18 mth old child in the middle of the road and she couldn't find who he belongs too.  I told her that I'd be there in a moment and I set off.  She gave me the wrong name of the road, but during this time, Bug calls and says the appliance guy is here (again, my washer has been broken for a month).  I told her to not answer the door but to holler through saying I'd be there in a moment (I was 2 min. from the house).  He said that he "couldn't wait too long".  He put me off for the last week, wasn't supposed to be here between 12 & 2.  It was 9:40.  I hustle back, thinking...gotta help therapist, gotta get man to fix washer...I ran home, told him that he should've called first and got him to begin working on my washer.

He is working, I can't leave to help the therapist, but the police show up, so she said that she was on her way.  She was flustered and overwhelmed, the appliance COULDN'T FIX MY WASHER! and then when I'm on the phone with the people to demand a new washer, the insurance adjuster shows up.  After much much much time here, she said that she would have our whatever done by tomorrow, maybe........good grief!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

So, I've hollered at my kids, dealt with a kid in the road, fussed at an appliance guy, had a moment with the adjuster, watched my son get therapized, educated all my kids and made some killer chili..............

Prayers.............Help me, Holy Spirit!  Bring me a check for my repairs and that my new washer comes TOMORROW!

No comments:

Post a Comment