background

Wednesday, April 18, 2012

loseit.com

Losing weight is NEVER fun.  It isn't near as fun as gaining the weight eating copious amounts of glorious things like cheese, drinking coke, pasta....  It never dawns on me, how big I've gotten, until I see pictures.  Until I realize that I'm winded walking up my stairs, or cleaning the house.  


I am fat.  Period.  The end.


So, in an effort (and inspiration from my friend Jen Harris who is also on a quest to drop the excess) to lose weight, I have started logging all of my stuff on a FREE website, http://www.loseit.com You fill in the blanks (height, weight, your goal weight) and it does its thing and tells you how many calories you can have, in a day and it also allows you to document your eating and your exercise.


I logged in Big Daddy's food, yesterday, and we were shocked that he didn't eat much, but he was still over his target caloric intake because of what he ate.  He wasn't much over and we didn't log in his factory work, for burning calories, but still....once you write down every little thing that you pop in your mouth, it adds up.


I have been trying to exercise every other day.  Somedays are better than others, but I walk either 2 or 3 miles.  I'm going to start using those zumba DVDs that I bought last year and have never looked at.  I'm tired of looking bad.   I will never look like I did when I was young, I just want to feel better in my clothes and be able to breathe when doing small things.  My goal is reasonable.


We are starting with a SMALL, attainable, goal between us.  We want to lose 30 lbs in 30 days, between the both of us.  Realistically, he will lose more of the 30 lbs then I will because he loses super fast and I lose super slow.  That's okay.  If he loses 25 lbs. and I lose 5, then it is still meeting our goal and then we will set another goal for the next month.


We are not going to stop eating what we love.  I don't think that is realistic for us, we like to eat too much.  We are just going to limit it, use portion control, be wise.  We are not using magic pills, shots, starving or any other strange methods.  We are using exercise and making healthier choices.  Hopefully, it will soon be no more "logging" what we eat because we will just know how to properly eat and what to eat.


Wish us luck :/


Blessings.

No comments:

Post a Comment