background

Saturday, March 27, 2010

When your sister says "JUMP".....

.....I scramble and hustle!

T called and told me that I need 2 pieces of paper notarized and county sealed. I had one done and the other, well, no clue as to what the paper was for. She, graciously enough, emailed me an already filled in copy and told me to GET IT DONE AND GET IT MAILED TO HER! If I mail it to her, then she will go to Frankfort to have it state sealed.

You have to have it notarized to verify who you are, you have to have it county sealed to verify that the notary, is in fact, a notary and then you have to have it state sealed to prove that the county is the county in which the notary is actually a notary.

Okay, so both papers notarized and I'm hustling to get to the courthouse to get it county sealed. Now, I'm wearing the pants and shirt that I had been painting in, no makeup, my hair all over the place and my heel-less slippers. I'm rushing down the road thinking "I have to hurry, get this to the courthouse, get to the post office, pick up my passport applications while I'm there, get home, finish cleaning the house, make sure the kids are bathed" and I was in the process of remodeling my laundry...all the day before the social worker was to come and visit for our second part of the homestudy.

As I'm driving down the road, I happen to glance at this farm and notice that two calves had broken through a fence. I, being the great Christian person I am, thought I had too much to do in too little time, so I drove on by. Well, conviction ensued and I turned around, drove up the long driveway and saw this sweet man, in his 70s working. I told him that his calves were out and that I'd be happy to fix his fence and get them back in their rightful field.

Here I go, praying this doesn't take long....walking through the pasture (in my isotoner heel-less slippers). I realized that I couldn't get what I needed done from the angle I was going at it, so I walk down the road a bit and go into the neighbor's yard...slushing through the mud and the muck. The calves were frightened and they were running in a direction I didn't want them to go in...towards the road. I finally got them going in the other direction and instead of going back through the hole they already created...they created 2 more holes. Stupid stupid cows! At any rate, as I'm fixing the fence, I looked down and there was cow manure all over my shoes...not just a bit, a bunch. I scraped off what I could, fixed the fence, blessed the sweet man and off I went to the courthouse.

I got to the place I *thought* I was supposed to go and bless their hearts...they were CLUELESS! So, off to place 2 and there was a line, all the way out the hall. I finally get in the position to ask if I'm in the right spot and guess what? I wasn't. I had to move down into the vault. Off I go, to the basement and they do what I need for them to do! Praise God. Thankfully, no one mentioned my perfume of cow manure.

I rush off to the post office, mailed my letter, got my applications and then I headed home to finish my many many things left to do before the social worker shows up.

No comments:

Post a Comment