background

Tuesday, September 14, 2010

Excited yet sad

My sister got her travel date!  I'm so excited for her and her family and that Little I will be back to his forever home within a couple of weeks!  He will forever be cared for, loved, hugged and he will have a future that he might not otherwise have, had the Lord not seen fit to meld these lives together.

On a sad note, Little I and my son are the best of buddies and I'm sad for my baby....watching his friend leave.  Time to a child, stands still and I can't imagine how sad my sweet boy will be.  We have the possibility of meeting him in a month and then bringing him home in another month or so.  That seems FOREVER away, for us and we are adults.  For our son, a day is like a year and that hurts my heart.  I wish I could fold up into my sis' suitcase and go with her, or that we could give her permission to bring our baby home.  We haven't even passed court, yet, so we aren't able to give him anything to get to know us by.
Luckily, my sis will be able to get lots of pictures and videos. She will hug him and kiss him for me.  She will see what size he is so we can properly provide him with clothes and shoes.  I will have to live vicariously through her.  B will be traveling the second week of October and he will be able to meet him, spend time with him and love him!  By then, we will be able to have a photo album put together for him to get to know our faces.  Then, in another few weeks, I will travel to get him.  We could have our whole brood home, by Christmas!  I'm excited, nervous, scared, thrilled......I'm really really ready to have him home....I mean REALLY REALLY REALLY ready to have him home!

1 comment:

  1. How exciting for her! Also, how exciting for y'all! I'd forgotten that Oct is next month already. It won't be long now til your baby boy comes home!! How thrilling!!!! Gosh I wish we could swing through your area while we're out there for Christmas....

    ReplyDelete