background

Wednesday, September 1, 2010

Please pray

For my sanity.  RAD is SO hard to deal with.  I'm so tired of having the same conversation over and over and over and over.  You know, when your toddler starts talking and their favorite word is "why".  Why do I have to eat my peas?  Why is the wind blowing?  Why can't I have my paci?  Why Why Why Why.....what got me through those moments was knowing that it would end, eventually :)  Their vocabulary and reasoning skills would be better and they could understand more.

With RAD....it NEVER STOPS.  Never.ever.ever.  I desperately needs prayers, of anyone who reads this blog.  I don't like talking about it because I can only imagine how I am perceived.  There are moments, when I just don't care what people think of me.  Today is one of those days.  
When asked how G is....my response is "the same".  It is never better, but it can get worse.  It does get worse.  I've been accused of so much..."you look at her like you hate her", "why did you adopt her", "when are you going to give her back", "what about a group home", "your nuts, she is an angel", "why don't you discipline her more", "have you tried therapy?"

All those above statements (and more) are why I don't like discussing it.  You never know what goes on behind closed doors or the routes that have been taken.  If you've never had experience with a raddish, then really, you don't need to say anything.  A hug, a prayer, a word of encouragement...that is what is needed.  Nothing more, nothing less.
As for today....it isn't a great day :(  Holding onto the fact that God is good ALL the time and ALL the time, God is good!  He is carrying me through this moment and I'm going to try and glorify Him and resist my fleshly urges.

No comments:

Post a Comment