background

Friday, September 16, 2011

Apparently, I can't save the world

Crap on the tiara....mess on the cape.....the world isn't going to be saved by me.


What a crappy crappy day filled with crappy drama and crappy people.


According to http://www.dictionary.com "crappy" is an adjective, or a describing word.  It means to be "nasty, humiliating, insulting or unfair".  I would concur with that meaning and say that what was said about me was nasty, insulting and completely unfair (though humiliating doesn't describe it at all).  


I have am a "fixer" person.  I like to help people.  I like to see people succeed and be all that they can be (no, I'm not in the army, though when people see me with my kids, they would beg to differ).  I want people to know they have every opportunity to dream and attain their dreams, even when they screw up.  There *are* second chances.  


With everything going on in my life, with the challenges that my family has faced.....I have lost my fight.  I've lost my will to defend.  I've lost my ability to leave my emotions at the door.  On any given day, I deal with reactive attachment disorder, learning disabilities, girl scouts, church duties, volunteer work, my job, my home, bullies, bad grades, evolution issues and the ever present adoption nastiness.


You know, when those (crazy people) who like butter on their bread (I'm not one of those people).  Picture me as the bread and all the issues of life as the nasty, one molecule away from a plastic, cheap butter....the kind that simply will not spread no matter how hard you try.  You take your knife, dip it into the "reactive attachment disorder" butter and try to spread it out...the bread begins to flake.  With each other issue (adoption, learning disabilities, etc) you continue to dip your knife in, in hopes of something good coming out of it and each time you *try* to smear it on your bread, more chunks come off and eventually you are left with giant lumps of bread all over the table and a broken crust.  That's me...the broken crust.  My butter is not getting any softer and my bread is in tatters.


I've chosen to give up an important thing in my life and a not so important thing in my life.  One was a hard decision the other was an easy decision.


Comparing my issues to the Cross is a whole nother ball of wax.  Nothing I go through even holds a tiny flicker to what Jesus did on the Cross for me.  He died with my name on His lips.  He died to set me free, so I can be free and live in eternity with Him.  I'm so thankful.


I really really wish, though, God willing.....He would, for once, give me some spreadable butter.  That'd be nice.

1 comment: