background

Wednesday, September 21, 2011

A Priest, A Deaconess and a Baptist

We all work together at the store and we seriously write our own jokes :)


When we, as a family, decided that I needed to go back to work, it was hard.  I cried, A LOT because I'm a creature of habit.  I'm one that needs routine and when it is shaken, it rocks me to my core.  Controlling?  Maybe.  I dunno.  I just know that I like what I like and change is not one thing that I like.


My whole world changed.  My kids went back to PS, my oldest was still being homeschooled, but our whole life turned upside down.  I was blessed, when I got my job....I was trained by THE SLOWEST WOMAN ON THE PLANET but she is definitely the sweetest thing...ever and she is true, honest and stable.  When I got assigned my department, a regal looking gentleman with kind eyes and a radio worthy voice, caught my eye.  I wanted to know who he was because he happened to work in my department and frankly, I needed all the help I could get, not knowing anything from anything.  


I introduced myself and I quickly learned that he was going to school to be a deacon in his local church.  I didn't realize there was a "school" for a deacon, so I went ahead, took the plunge and blurted out my thoughts (completely unsanctified thoughts).  I asked where he went to church and when he stated that he was Catholic and that they were going back to their Biblical roots of positions in the church.  I was enthralled.  I wanted to learn more.  I began asking questions like "so, what's up with the Pope?"  "What do you do and why do you kneel/stand so much"  "explain the hierarchy of the church and their positions."  He answered each and every question and he still does, to this day.  He is very tolerant and understanding of my ignorance.  It is clear, he knows God, he knows Jesus and he loves them both dearly.  I am blessed.

He sees me, when I'm having an "off" day and tells me to get busy before I break down.  He hugs me when I need it and one particularly difficult day, after he told me to get busy, he walked up to me and said with love in his eyes "this means more to me than anything and I'm giving it to you for peace."  It was a beautiful rosary.  



He explained the prayers that you pray using the rosary and he encouraged me to pray.  He has walked through the aisles, at work, and prayed over me.  He has sent me emails of prayer.  He.is.precious.

Now, onto the Deaconess...she hasn't been working with us long, but she is short, black and a firecracker.  She is completely and totally in love with the Lord and her family. She doesn't see working at our job as a "job" she sees it as a mission from God.  She looks every opportunity to witness and let people know her faith.  She is an encourager, a protector, a friend, a confidant and she oozes grace and dignity.

She is not shy about her faith.  She has laid hands on me, with customers waiting and prayed over me.  She has held me when I cried, she has cried with me.  She has told me more than once "speak it into existence".  It will be.  Watch your mouth....don't let that negative stuff come out, don't speak negativity into existence.  I'm constantly saying something and then catching myself because I think she will hear me and whop me outside the head for speaking negativity.  Be positive, wait on God.....

During the trials of this adoption....I have learned that it is okay to cry. That I can be mad, that I can be sad, that it is okay to talk to people.  I hold so much in.  I don't like to burden people or feel like I'm constantly playing the same tune on the violin.  Between my Wednesday night girls, my Deaconess and my Priest....I'm surrounded by love, prayers and understanding during my hard times and there have been so very many.

Our trial is soon coming to an end.  God will bring my child home before the year mark is up.  I'm speaking that out, in the Name of Jesus.  I'm so thankful that during this time, God has seen fit to bless me, at work with such strong people of faith.  He has blessed me with a strong family of faith and a strong church of faith.  When your daughter sends you messages at work that says "mom, I love you and remember to CLAIM IT."  I know that God is working and He is showing me and my family His grace and mercies throughout this difficult year.

The year is coming to an end.....my son will be home by next month.  I'm choosing to believe.

No comments:

Post a Comment